The latest statistics show that 55% of the world’s population are active on social media. It’s a popular medium for catching up with friends, finding out what’s new in the world, and engaging with their favorite businesses.
So, if you want to stand out in the crowd and draw attention to your small business, it’s time to start taking your social media marketing seriously.
It all starts with social media profile optimization. Find out how with these social media tips for small businesses.
Plan Your Approach
Nothing sends customers away from your social media pages faster than a lack of content. If you want to strike hard and fast when you set up your profile, it’s best to ensure you have plenty of content ready to upload from the word go.
A strong, well-thought-out content strategy is the starting point for social media success. When you know where you’re going and what you plan to achieve, it’s easier to maintain momentum and keep your profile filled with engaging content.
Get started by studying your competitor’s pages to find out what types of content appeal to your target market. Do they like Facebook videos best? What types of images seem to create the best impression on Instagram?
You can use these pointers as inspiration for your own posts. Once you’ve got some ideas, set up a content creation calendar for your social media profiles and get creative.
Stay consistent in your efforts. Set up a schedule for posting content and stick to it, whether it’s once a day or three times a week.
Make sure each of your posts has a clear aim in mind and a call to action that matches this goal.
Feeling a bit lost? An expert team of content marketers will set you on the right track.
Optimize Your Social Media Strategy
When you have a plan in place, you’ve got a solid starting point for optimizing all your posts. Analyze available social media channels to figure out which ones your target audience uses the most.
Check out this helpful graph to give you an idea of which demographic groups favor each type of social media. This type of information helps you target and optimize your posts according to each type of social media.
You’ll get the best results by choosing social media platforms that help you reach people who might show an interest in your business.
Keywords are Central to Social Media Marketing
We all know that keywords are vital for effective content creation. One of the best business social media tips is carrying this through to your social media content too.
To pull this off successfully, you need to know what hashtags, keywords, and topics users associate with your industry. You can’t simply use the same set of keywords you use in your content strategy.
You’ll need social-media-specific optimization tools or an expert consultant to help you attract the audience you want.
Social Media Profile Optimization Tips
Now that you’ve mastered the basics of maximizing your social media presence, it’s easier to figure out how to optimize your social media profile when setting up your page. These are the best tips:
- Use the same username for each social media profile. This can help people find your business.
- Always include your company logo in your profile photo. This is one of the first things your audience sees, and it helps build and maintain brand recognition.
- Use a high-quality, relevant image for your cover photo on Facebook, or even a video.
- Always fill out your bio completely and correctly. Include a blurb about your company’s offerings and make sure you use your social media keywords in this description.
- Let your brand personality come through in your bio.
- It’s important to include a trackable link to your website in this write-up too. How else will people know where to find more information about your business?
- You can update your social media profile as often as you want to. Make sure you keep your information up to date and that it’s the same across your website and all the social media platforms you use.
- On Instagram, it’s important to create a business account for your small business. Be sure to complete all the aspects of your sign-up, including the category, contact information, and action button.
- Make your profile public and include social media action plugins so your fans can share your posts with their friends and followers.
Check on Your Progress
Analytics is one of the most important parts of online marketing, and this applies to social media too. Unless you constantly check on how your posts are doing, you’ll never know what works and what doesn’t.
Three of the most important things you should measure are:
- Awareness – keep tabs on impressions and reach so you know how many people saw your content
- Engagements – how many comments, clicks, shares, and reactions did your post get?
- ROI – Did you receive any referrals or conversions because of your social media posts?
When you have these figures at your fingertips, it’s easier to fine-tune your marketing strategy in line with your aims and adjust it if necessary.
Take Your Digital Marketing to the Next Level
To excel at social media profile optimization and marketing, you need to stay in touch with the ever-changing whims of social media users. These trends come and go almost daily, so this is a full-time job.
You already have a job, so if you want help from someone who can stay on track, book a call with us for social media strategy and/or content creation services.